Sunday, September 14, 2008

The long birthday weekend



oh my ... it's been one long birthday weekend! What a lucky 4 year old we have. Hudson had his first party, a pool party with a few of his friends, on Friday morning. They played and played in the pools, then ate yummy cupcakes, and opened presents.



Evan and Hudson goofing around in the water.




Griff, Amelia, Hudson, and Jepson being silly after it's over.



Saturday morning was the family party. I made a yummy breakfast with a scrumptious breakfast casserole, home-made banana muffins, cheesy hashbrowns, and fresh fruit (recipes a bit later). A little snafoo happened during the prep time shen I majorly sliced my finger cutting the pineapple. I probably should've left to get stitches. It's still throbbing almost 36 hours later.



Anyway, between the two parties, Hudson ended up with his very first racetrack (a Darda Super Starter Speedway - very super cool with no batteries, I can't wait to build on to it), the Playmobil Recycling Truck that he really really wanted since he wants to be a garbage truck driver when he gets bigger, his first soccer ball & t-ball set, and many other fun things.



Today was his actual birthday. All of us went to The Healing Field in Tempe this morning. I took Hudson and Griffin last year and captured an amazing picture

credits HERE

I just had to take them again and I want to continue this every year. It truly is an amazing place. Each flag pole had a card on it with a lost one's name, age, hometown, occupation (or student's school info, etc) , and picture. I felt so sorry for the few without any pic. All of the little kids had a little stuffed animal attached to the bottom of their poles. I took a slew of pics there today, but unfortunately my camera is having difficulties connecting to my computer to upload them. Hopefully I will be able to share them soon.

*********

I should be so extremely exhausted right now. I worked from 5pm yesterday until 2am early this morning for inventory. At least Jeff took care of the boys this morning and they let me sleep in. yay! that is such a huge extreme rarity! I only slept in until 8:45, but that's alot better than 6ish like usual.

I'm a bit annoyed right now because there is alot of design stuff I need to be working on right now, but having one finger bandaged up is making using the keyboard a bit difficult. oh well

**********************


BANANA MUFFINS

1 cup mashed banana (2 bananas), 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup Miracle Whip, 2 cups flour; 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda............
Mix together and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes

**

I'm not much of a casserole fan, but this is yummy & I always receive tons of compliments on it too. It's very light and fluffy

Breakfast Casserole

12 slices bread
butter
6 eggs
salt
pepper
1 quart milk
6 slices American Cheese
6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
optional: meats and veggies...your choice

Cut crust off bread and butter them. Place 6 slices buttered side down, in a 9x13 inch pan. Place 1 slice American and 1 slice of Monterey Jack cheeses on each piece of bread. Place optional items next. Place the last 6 slices of bread on top with buttered side up. Mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together and then pour over top. Refrigerate overnight. The next morning, bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 1 hour.

I used 1lb of maple sausage (browned), 1lb cubed ham, and 1/3 sweet onion (diced).

3 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

that photo is AMAZING. Love the perspective with which you took it.

I am a sucker for breakfast casseroles ... I love to make them for holidays but I can't seem to get my act together enough to make them on regular weekends. My hips and butt are grateful.

Happy birthday to your little one!

Tammy said...

I love that layout and I didn't know there was a place like that. I love breakfast casserole. So good on Christmas morning.

The Mini Mum said...

I adore the photo in that LO - its awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails