Monday, November 09, 2009

this and that and this

One of my old high school and old college roomies started on a new venture two or three weeks ago - she entered our lovely blogging world at the request of her dr. Well, her son's dr. She is the mom of a special needs kid, Fragile X, to be exact. She's always been very pro-active with school and anywhere else so he wanted her to be able to share her family's story so his other patients can have one other person to relate with.
She didn't think it would really be much. Now she's really getting into the groove of it and trying to share it with others. Tonight she was so thrilled that after only 11 blog posts, a multiple forum asked her to be a guest blogger. I'm so excited for her, Alex, and their whole family. I guess I should add that Alex is half of a set of twins. Soooo.... if you get a chance, please take a gander at 1 Special Family and feel free to share it with your family and friends too.

***********

Tonight I updated my Playlist. I hope you will enjoy it since it's playing on here. Over at Gotta Pixel we have a mini discussion about Playlist and we're sharing our lists - so I snagged some songs off of their lists. I had kind of an eclectic list before and now it really is more than before. :)

***********




I will be hosting another Speed Scrap at 11:59pm Eastern on Tuesday, November 10th. Please join us in the Birthday Celebration Speed Scrap forum. If you aren't familiar with a Speed Scrap, don't fret. This is the perfect place for beginning scrappers to ones who have been doing it for a few years. It's the perfect inspirational challenge to get you scrapping a great layout. I will give you 5-6 steps of directions for you to end up with your newest masterpiece.


11:59pm Eastern
10:59pm Central
9:59pm Mountain (that's my time zone)
8:59pm Pacific

*all participants will earn a $4 gift certificate from me....for my store
*one random lucky participant will also win $5 to Julie Marie Designs



post signature

9 comments:

Gabrielle said...

This sounds awesome, I love scrapping!!

Melissa said...

found you on SITS, and wanted to tell you that I love your work, especially the owl designs! They are so cute ;)

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Good morning! Stopped by via SITS. Have a great day!

Designs by Jessie said...

Hey Sara. Im following you now on twitter.

Great about your friend! I will have to check out her blog!

Designs by Jessie said...

Hey Sara. Im following you now on twitter.

Great about your friend! I will have to check out her blog!

Helen McGinn said...

Looking forward to checking her blog out; how nice of you to mention it and let us know. I have a friend with a kid who has that so I'm excited to let her know.

Thanks for your birthday wishes earlier in the week, it was lovely. xx

Sherri said...

Hey...stopping by from SITS! Love your blog. And your playlist....I think I'm going to leave you playing while I hop around a bit.

The Redhead Riter said...

Sounds fun, but not sure I can stay awake that long :o)

Wm said...

Your site is so colourful and happy! I found you via SITS.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails