Monday, October 05, 2009

a HATE and a LOVE :)

A couple weeks ago was picture day at school for my crazy guys.
They have so much personality and can take fabulous pictures with their fun happy faces. I pinned a note to Hudson that said
"Please do not comb and feather my hair. Please ask me to laugh."
If both of these instructions were to have been followed,
it would've truly captured the real Hudson.
(A couple years ago, the photographer's asst feathered his hair and turned him into someone else's child. He definitely wasn't our crazy surfer hippie hair boy.) Also, if he is asked to laugh - he shines.
No note was needed for Griffin.
(well, I didn't think I needed one then.. HA!!)


Here's how they looked the morning before pictures -




Well.... today the proofs were in.
I'll just say now that I really really HATE these school photographers.
For some odd reason, I think we've had 3 different studios in 3 years.

I sooooooooo wish I could show you what the proofs looked like.
We get to choose our favorite pose out of four options.
Griffin looked like he was mad in three of them.
At least he had a little tiny glimpse of a smile in one. Hudson had his normal hair, they didn't feather it so that's a plus... BUT..... three pictures looked EXACTLY the same and the fourth looked very similar.
All had just little cracks of smiles & no spark in his eyes either. HELLO!!!!!!!!
Why can't they bring personality out of kids that definitely have it???
It really doesn't take much for it to happen.
I'm just so thankful that it's only preschool.
We're only ordering the class pic for both of them and that's it.
Next year I will definitely volunteer on picture day for
Hudson's Kindergarten class and Griff's Preschool.


***********



It's a Speed Scrap again!!!!!! Aren't you excited?

I'm changing it up by offering this at another time.

I will be hosting another Speed Scrap
at 1am Eastern on Wednesday, October 7th.
Please join us in the Scrappin' Table forum at Gotta Pixel.
If you aren't familiar with a Speed Scrap, don't fret.
This is the perfect place for beginning scrappers
to ones who have been doing it for a few years.
It's the perfect inspirational challenge to get you scrapping a great layout. I will give you 5-6 steps of directions for you
to end up with your newest masterpiece.
And....a little participation prize will be awarded to all participants.


1am Eastern
midnight Central
11pm Mountain
10pm Pacific (that's my time zone)

************

don't forget to grab the ongoing blog train goodies below :)
FREEBIES are always nice, don't ya think?

post signature

11 comments:

Eve said...

We have our first ever school pics being taken on the 22nd, I am interested to see how dorky they turn out! LOL

Design It Chic said...

i know.. i hate school pictures too.. why do those people don't capture the real you. umpfff...

Happy Tuesday!

*if you're in for some random, then just stop by today:)

Anonymous said...

beautiful and lovely pics!

~SHANNON~ said...

Ohhhhh I have such memories of the drama of school pictures growing up! lol. The boys look so handsome!

-Also, you won the Hallmark prize package on Milk and Cuddles! I can't find an e-mail for you though, so hopefully you get this message. I need you to e-mail me your mailing info so I can pass it on to the Hallmark people! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Aww, sad to hear the pics turned out that way. When I was in school, I hated taking these photographs too. It is too much of a 'sit, pose, shoot, get outta here already' kinda environment! :P

Synergy Girl said...

Well, I have to say that I do not order school pictures anymore. I prefer to just have professional ones done yearly, and I get the class picture for them to remember the year by for that very reason of them turning out...shatty...!! I do have to say that I WAY LOVE your blog, the owls are a hoot...haha...I wish I was blog savvy enough to do more with mine, I am still trying to figure out how to make three columns...bleh...Love you blog, and thanks for droppin by mine...!!

just the two of us! said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! your little boys are too precious! and I love that hair!

LOFT said...

Hey Sara, I used to help with school photos and a well-kept secret was that they usually give you a photo package free for your kindness. Maybe you'll get that next year (pick the largest sized one if they do!) I was really surprised when they did that for me--I only helped because I was available and I just liked helping. Pretty nice bonus, though!

LisaLisa said...

Dropping by from SITStas...Love your blog!

Unknown said...

Hi, I am stopping over from SITS today. I would comment on the hair thing a ma jig, but for some reason your comments won't open up there. Your boys are SO cute : ) Oh my gosh! nice to meet you via the blogging world!

This Mama Rocks said...

stopping by from sits to say hello. I love the lil rinser! I have never seen anything like that. I will have to get one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails