Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the Bargain Bunny strikes again...

I just saved 85% on my groceries and paid 4 bucks + change... I so wish I could do this everytime!.... but I have done VERY well this last week!

Fry's mega shopping event really is helping with it right now... Fry's is a Kroger's chain grocery store .... their mega shopping event is a whole lot of items on sale, and pick 10 save an extra $5 .... and I've been printing coupons for lots of the same things from coupons.com and smartsource.com & all of them are doubled at the store (even thought the coupons say not to double or triple them, Fry's still does it) .... AND... at www.shortcuts.com you can "load" coupons onto your Fry's card, the discount is automatically taken off when the item is rung up

...btw, I am stocking up on Fruit Roll Ups, granola bars, cookie mixes, hamburger mac, etc

........sooooo... this last week is the BEST I've ever done shopping, savings-wise, that is...

*Aug 21st - spent $12.25, saved $46.11 (79%)

*Aug 25th - spent $4.33, saved $24.56 (85%)

I also had a few other coupons for things like free lettuce & $3.50 off my next purchase (since I bought 5 Betty Crocker fruit snacks earlier)..... I'll be shocked if I can keep this streak up next week, but I sooo hope I can!

7 comments:

TotallyD said...

WoW Sara that's a lot of savings!! Everything's so expensive right now, you must actually couponshopping.

Lilja said...

WOW that's a lot of savings!! I'm trying to do the same, but my country really does not have the same opportunities as the US when it comes to savings and coupons and stuff like that. Still, it's definitely worth trying :)

Unknown said...

Wow - you have been making great savings.

Yara said...

thanks for stopping by my blog : )

LeLe said...

Wow, way to go!! Good job! Thanks for stopping by today!

Neuffj said...

This is AMAZING! totally rocking! and oh yes! I am a total tigers fan. Thanks for the comment, and leading me to your blog so I could find all these fabulous ways to save!!!! LOVE IT.
The Neuff

Dielle said...

No one doubles coupons here! But I'm still a crazy coupon woman. LOVE them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails