Monday, March 03, 2008

the best baby shower

Yesterday I attended the best baby shower ever. The mom-to-be hosted her own shower and had lots of prizes and thank you gifts for her friends. That is just her. Very giving and genuine. It was almost four hours too. I think it's definitely the longest one I've ever been to also.

It started out with appetizers and drinks, of course, but we were also supposed to get creative too. She had a cute tub filled with lots of generic white onesies and a platter full of fabric markers. The onesies were sized from newborn up to 24 months. We all chose one each and colored away. There were very kindergarten like designs and some very cute ones. The first person to start designing was still coloring when I left. She is a professional artist and really took her time making the most adorable onesie with an octopus wrapping it's tentacles around the back. I tied for third place with mine. I just kept it simple with outlined multi-colored polka dots all over with "mini monster" on the bottom. It was also one of the very few ones that continued a design on to the back of it. Why do people forget that a back of a shirt needs love too? They just look unfinished with only something on the front. We had a judging contest for them by each of us pinning a mini pastel clothespin on our favorite.

We had a bingo game during the gift time. We filled out our own bingo cards with possible gift items. I think there were probably 10 prizes awarded for the first people with single line Bingos. I was one of the lucky ones and was awarded a very nice Junior League cookbook.

After the presents, the diaper raffle prizes were awarded. I totally forgot to bring diapers or wipes with everything else going on in my life (see the most previous bloggings). She really raked in the diapers and wipes from everyone though. Three guests won prizes. The first girl won 75 bucks cash. Sweet. huh? I'm glad that person won because she came with a huge tub filled with them. The other two lucky girls won special one of a kind handmade glass pendant necklaces. The person that made the octopus onesie is the same one that is the glass artist.

We all also received little votive candles in little glass holders as thank you gifts.

ok.. do you think my mom-to-be friend is genuine and so fabulous? She is just so sweet. I really needed yesterday too. I didn't know a single person except for her and I had a great time. With dealing with death recently, it was a welcome change to have this.

****

This morning I am going on a field trip with Hudson and his preschool class. We are going to an agricultural center and he has been so excited for this. He wants to see a barn so badly and ride a schoolbus.

I need to go pack our lunches and get us ready to go.

Have a beautiful day!

5 comments:

DawnMarch said...

That does sound like a fun shower! I went to an adult birthday party recently where there were lots of prizes and games and it was a great time. Glad it helped cheer things up a bit!

Marianne said...

Sounds like an awesome baby shower. what a cute idea to decorate onesies. I might have to steal that if I ever do a baby shower.

Love one of your funnies below - LOL.

7. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and
does, use the duct tape.

Anonymous said...

hope you had a great field trip! sounds like some fancy & fun shower!

Unknown said...

Wow - we don't have baby showers here, but I wish we did. That sounded such fun.

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time. It was definately what you needed. Hope that Cooper's doing ok. I'm sure it's been so difficult for him. Just thought I'd stop by and say hello. Take care.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails