Friday, October 19, 2007

miss me?????

this is the longest I've ever gone without gabbing about this or that....just adding some of my new goodies in here and that's it............sooooooooo, I haven't hopped on the blog train in a few weeks either since I didn't think that was fair to the train passengers just to show them an ad

I'm back now to ramble like I usually do :) ........LOL.... Is that a good thing for you or a little chuckle????

wellll....how about starting with a good chuckle.............

1) When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died

peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the

passengers in his car."

--Author Unknown

2) Advice for the day: If you have a lot of tension and you

get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle:

"Take two aspirin" and "Keep away from children."

--Author Unknown

3) "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so?

There's a support group for that.

It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."

--Drew Carey

4) "The problem with the designated driver program, it's

not a desirable job, but if you ever get sucked into

doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night,

drop them off at the wrong house."

--Jeff Foxworthy

5) "If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball

and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the

infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base."

--Dave Barry

6) "Relationships are hard. It's like a full time job, and

we should treat it like one. If your boyfriend or girlfriend

wants to leave you, they should give you two weeks' notice.

There should be severance pay, the day before they leave

you, they should have to find you a temp."

--Bob Ettinger

7) "My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took

her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said,

'Mom, they weren't trying to teach you how to swim.'"

--Paula Poundstone

8) "A study in the Washington Post says that women have

better verbal skills than men. I just want to say to the

authors of that study: "Duh."

--Conan O'Brien

9) "Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm

halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God....

I could be eating a slow learner."

--Lynda Montgomery

10) "I think that's how Chicago got started. Bunch of

people in New York said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime

and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough.

Let's go west.'"

--Richard Jeni

11) "If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the

impersonators would be dead."

--Johnny Carson

12) "Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography."

--Paul Rodriguez

13) "My parents didn't want to move to Florida ,

but they turned sixty and that's the law."

--Jerry Seinfeld

14) "Remember in elementary school, you were told that in

case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single file line

from smallest to tallest. What is the logic in that?

What, do tall people burn slower?"

--Warren Hutcherson

15) "Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many.

Monogamy is the same."

--Oscar Wilde

16) "Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a

member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."

--Mark Twain

17) "Our bombs are smarter than the average high school student.

At least they can find Afghanistan ."

--A. Whitney Brown

18) "You can say any foolish thing to a dog,

and the dog will give you a look that says,

'My God, you're right!

I never would've thought of that!'"

--Dave Barry

19) Do you know why they call it "PMS"?

Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.

-- Unknown, presumed deceased

20) "Everybody's got to believe in something.

I believe I'll have another beer."

- W. C. Fields

************

a few days ago I started a thread at DST about roasts because I've always had issues......

I've found out that I never gave them enough time to cook...... I thought I would over-cook them if I let them go all day...well, silly me!............. this thread has turned out to be outstanding..there are soooooo many great tips there.............please feel free to grab a recipe or 2 or 3 for yourself


**********


now.... time to share my funny bad day from yesterday with you.....

my dh decided to work from home yesterday because he had a headache.... ok, fine...no biggie, right?????? HA!!!!!! Guess what I forgot?????? It was his birthday!!!!!! oooooops! It finally dawned on me when I left to pick up Hudson from preschool. uh-ho! he called me shortly after I picked up Hudson and asked if I knew what today was, I told him happy birthday then & told him he spoiled the big surprise I was going to do later (something I still needed to figure out..which I ended up not doing)...........I dropped Hudson and Griffin off at my MIL's to spend the night. She had asked a few days ago if they could since her dh was going to be out of town. She told me yesterday that she offered so that we could also go out to eat.......for his birthday dinner! ....... HELLO! I told her she should have clued me in to that earlier since I totally forgot about it. Griffin turned 2 five days earlier, so that is the only birthday I was only thinking about. We ended up staying home and enjoyed colossal king crab legs and baked potatoes.....and then he pouted and went to sleep early. MEN! Instead of 41, he acted like he was 4. It was kind of funny.

but....besides that.............. I received a phone call when I was at the grocery store in the early evening from ADT Security.... my friend's burglar alarm went off & I'm the contact for it.....talk about a mini panic......her house/dog sitter accidently set off the alarm ...... OOPS!

then...... at home..... I was rearranging some beer bottles in the fridge (making room for some groceries) and I dropped one..SPLAT! ...it's a good thing we have tile in there

**********

ok......... I'm super super excited about my newest kit, it's a collab with the ever so fabulous Jeannie Papai called
Sweet Water Taffy - so yummy and sweet you can't resist it





8 textured solid papers
18 textured patterned papers
2 strand of beads
1 wavy border
7 ties
6 swirls
3 painted glittered foil flowers
1 painted glittered foil leaf
1 painted frame
1 photo cluster
1 bent frame
3 frames with ribbon wraps
1 plain frame
2 journals
1 glitter border overlay
3 paint splotches
2 curly gingham ribbons
2 black wordarts (easy to recolor)
8 circle stitchings
7 sequin strands
4 satin ribbon flowers
1 painted cardboard flower
1 painted cardboard leaf
1 decorative safety pin
1 alpha (upper a-z)
1 12x12 PSD template


papers and elements packs available separately ........or purchase both of them together for a discounted price (plus get an extra bonus coupon)

**************

ok..that's it for now.... I have to go hop on that train for blogville and then get ready for a MOMS Club meeting

sooooooooo...if you had fun reading through my rambleness, please sign up on my left sidebar to receive my feedblitz notifications in your inbox :)

2 comments:

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

Your wuote collection is hysterical. Great collab kit! Um...forgeting a birthday is such a man thing. lol. I would have pouted too.

Becki said...

What a fun blog to read, than ks for all the funny quotes, made my morning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails